What type of van insurance do I need?
Comparing van insurances may seem like a hassle, but choosing the Right level cover will help you should the worst happen. There are three main levels of van insurance cover.
- Third-party insurance – The minimum level of cover that is generally available. This kind of policy helps to protect other people, vehicles and property in the event of an accident that is deemed to be your fault. What isn’t covered is loss or damage to your own van.
- Third-party, fire and theft insurance – The mid-level of cover available. As well as covering the third party it also covers any damage caused by fire or theft. It’s that simple.
- Comprehensive insurance – Covers and protects all of the above plus any accidental damage to your own van regardless of fault.
Got a quote already? Save time and purchase now
How to get cheap van insurance?
Whether you’re insuring a single van or a fleet, getting a cheaper van insurance quote doesn’t have to be a pain in the wallet. Finding a better deal on your insurance doesn’t have to be confusing either. Here are a few ways in which you can still get the Right level of cover at a price you’ll love.
- Don’t leave it until the last minute – According to research, getting insurance 3 weeks or 21 days in advance will get you a better deal rather than leaving it until the last minute.
- Is bigger better? – The size of the van will also affect your premium greatly. Smaller vehicles cost less to insure. Does your van suit your needs? Can you downgrade to save?
- Is Third-Party Cheaper? – Not always. Get a quote for all three covers. You might be pleasantly surprised to find that comprehensive cover can be cheaper than third-party.
- Increase your voluntary excess – A higher excess should reduce the price you pay for your premium. Do consider that the voluntary excess should be affordable as this will need to be paid in the event of a claim being made.
- Don’t auto-renew – At RightSure we will never offer you a policy with an auto-renew feature.
Falling asleep or driver fatigue while driving any kind of vehicle is one