Home Insurance

Home insurance is a necessity for all home owners, however it’s not always easy to find extensive policies that are competitively priced. However, at RightSure we make finding low cost home insurance simple thanks to our easy to use online form and our high-quality partners! RightSure offers competitive prices and in addition to home insurance we can also provide car insurance, van insurance and landlord insurance.

  • Bespoke home insurance policies
  • Add varying levels of contents cover
  • Experienced, professional insurance partners
  • Fill out one simple online form


What do you need to get a quote?

Obtaining your home insurance quote won’t take long, if you have the following information to hand the process can be even quicker!

    • Your property’s build date – find the actual date in your mortgage survey or home buyer’s report
    • The date your house was bought or when you moved in
    • Which locks and alarms are fitted – we provide useful lock pictures to help you out, or check out our locks guide
    • Details and cost of any claims you’ve made in the last five years – this will be stated in your renewal documents, alternatively contact your current insurer
    • Your house’s rebuild cost – a chartered surveyor can carry out an assessment
    • The total cost of your personal items
    • The details of any items worth over £1,000, that you wish to insure


What does home insurance cover?

Home insurance falls into three categories – buildings, contents and combined policies. You can compare all policy types through Confused.com.

Combined policies are usually only suitable if you own your own home – they insure your property against damage but also cover your belongings in the house under the same insurance policy.

You can also add optional extras to your policy such as home emergency cover and legal cover, but you may find that some providers cover these as standard. Accidental damage cover is another extra worth considering as it covers unintentional one-off incidents that harm your property or its contents, such as putting your foot through the floor when you’re searching around in the loft or spilling wine on the carpet.



Buildings insurance

If you’re a homeowner or about to take that next step, then you should consider a buildings insurance policy. Although it’s not a legal requirement, some mortgage lenders may insist that you have at least a buildings insurance policy in place, to cover the property.

Buildings cover insures your bricks and mortar against damage from specific events such as fire, flood and subsidence. The policy will normally cover:

  • The building itself (including the roof)
  • Your outbuildings, such as your garage or garden shed
  • Any fitted fixtures, like your kitchen or bathroom

If you need to make a claim, there are several ways the insurer can pay out:

  • Repair the damage caused to the property
  • Replace the damaged part(s) of the property
  • Pay out for the damage in the cash equivalent

It’s worth considering the level of cover you require as it’s partially based on the rebuild cost of your property. You can use a rebuild cost calculator from BCIS to give you a rough idea of the cost.

It’s important to get the right level of cover for your needs as you don’t want to over or under-insure your property. For more information, please see our guide to buildings insurance.



Contents insurance

If you’re renting, your landlord is usually responsible for insuring the building itself, but not your belongings – you should be able to find this out in your tenancy agreement. Contents insurance is generally aimed towards renters, though it’s a policy that everyone should consider as a minimum level of cover.

Contents insurance protects your belongings in the event they are lost or damaged by theft, fire or natural disasters such as flooding or an earthquake.

Insurers consider contents as the items you would take with you if you moved house (i.e. not the fixtures and fittings). Contents insurance generally covers:

  • Your gadgets (e.g. laptop, smartphone, TV)
  • Your furniture (e.g. bookcases, wardrobes, sofas)
  • Clothes and jewellery
  • Family heirlooms and antiques

If you need to make a claim, there are several ways the insurer can pay out:

  • Repair the damage caused to the items
  • Replace the contents for the same or comparable items
  • Pay out the cash equivalent   

If you’re not sure how much your contents are worth, check out our handy contents insurance calculator, or visit our contents insurance guide.


Here at RightSure we can help you find home insurance for your personal needs saving you time and money. Comparing the market 24 hours a day, RightSure will do everything we can to find the best insurance for you, which is why we are one of the UK’s leading independent intermediaries. Home insurance protects you from loss, damage or theft of any contents or personal possessions within your home. If you don’t have home insurance you could end up losing out in the event of anything happening to your home and you may even struggle to replace your items. We cover nearly any home owner and can help you find a policy that will fit your needs from a range of leading insurers. If you need any assistance when finding your next home insurance policy then give our customer service team a call who will be happy to help.   Break away from using the compare sites and come and talk to us to see how much money you could save on your van, car, home or landlord insurance. 

Buy online or call us Free on 0333 323 0350

Rightsure Insurance is a trading name of Bedford Insurance Group  Specialising in:

  • Car Insurance
  • Home Insurance
  • Landlord Insurance
  • Van Insurance
  • Commercial Insurance for your business



© 2016 Bedford Insurance. All rights reserved. W E Bedford Insurance Services (Wimbledon) Ltd, Argent House, Argent Court, Hook Rise South, Tolworth, KT6 7LD is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 305737

ABC Insurance Aviva Insurance Legal & General Zurich Covea