What type of car insurance do I need?
Comparing car insurances may seem like a hassle, but choosing the Right level of cover will help you should the worst happen.
- Third-party insurance – The minimum level of cover that is generally available. This kind of policy helps to protect other people, vehicles and property in the event of an accident that is deemed to be your fault. What isn’t covered is damage to your own car in the event of an accident.
- Third-party, fire and theft insurance – The mid-level of cover available. As well as covering the third party it also covers any damage caused by fire or theft. It’s that simple.
- Comprehensive insurance – Covers and protects all of the above plus any accidental damage to your own car regardless of fault.
Got a quote already? Save time and purchase now
How do I get cheaper car insurance?
In just a few easy steps, you could save yourself a few pounds and get car insurance at the Right price.
- Get organised – Start shopping for your insurance as early as possible, insurers will often give a better discount for customers who buy in advance.
- Keep yourself up to date – Increasingly, insurers use public databases to validate your identity. Making sure your details are up to date i.e driving license address, will ensure you are recognised and provide access to better rates.
- Increase your voluntary excess – The voluntary excess is the amount you pay if a claim is made on your policy (in adddition to any compulsory excess applied by your insurer).
- Let us do the running around – Our aim is to find you the Right price on your insurance. We compare all of the top insurers to find you the best policy at a price you’ll love.
What do I need to get car insurance quotes?
Getting insurance can be a pain – not with RightSure. We’ve made the process of saving on your insurance as simple as possible. To make it even easier, have the following ready:
- Vehicle registration – If you don’t have it to hand, then make and model is fine.
- Your licence – This shows you how long you’ve held a licence (on the back) and what type of licence. For a full list of conviction details, click here.
- Your details – Name, age, address and job title. Nothing too difficult.
- No-claims discount history – NCD is a great way of getting the lowest price on your quote.
- How you’ll use the car – Popping down the shops? Driving to work? Both? You will also need to know your annual mileage.
Need a little extra?
Sometimes you need a little extra cover for peace of mind.
- Motor Legal Protection – Motor Legal Protection for as little as the price of a coffee per month. If you are involved in a Non-Fault accident, legal proceedings can be expensive.
- Breakdown Cover – This great package provides Roadside Assistance and will keep you on the road.
- Full UK Breakdown with Home Start – This great package provides Roadside Assistance and will keep you on the road, with Home Start
- Key Cover – Losing your keys can be a real hassle, plus they can be expensive to replace.
- Excess Protection – Do you want to recover part or even all of your excess if you are involved in a fault accident.
Last updated 29 January 2022 How long has it been since you read
A new government scheme is being introduced on September 1st with the aim