It’s very important to make sure you understand what you need from your commercial landlord insurance. Use the check points below to get you thinking.
- Is your property a leasehold? If so, check with the property manager whether you need to buy buildings insurance, as this is often already covered by the freeholder
- If you employ people, even in your own home, you’re legally obliged to purchase employers’ liability insurance.
- Make sure you read and understand any exclusions to your policy.
- Remember that conventional home insurance policies will not cover a buy-to-let property
- You should state the rebuild cost of your property, not its market value, if buying buildings insurance
When it comes to commercial property insurance, landlords need flexibility. Whether that’s cover for a number of properties, or a one-off commercial property. We’ll help you find the protection you need, choosing from a range of covers including buildings insurance, contents insurance,property owners’ liability cover, rental income protection – also known as business interruption cover – and employers’ liability insurance.