Contents insurance

Competitive, tailored policies to meet you exacting standards.

You won’t find on price comparison sites.

Control your contents with:

  • Protection against fire, theft and flood, with optional cover for accidental damage
  • Cover for malicious damage, with tenants’ liability as standard
  • Cover for just yourself, or everyone under your roof
  • Dedicated UK based claims and customer service experts

Choose your own level of adjustable cover with contents insurance you control, protecting against common perils such as fire, theft and flood with the cheapest quote from our panel of top UK insurance providers.

You can also add additional cover for items outside of your home, such as your gadgets, bike, musical instruments and more, add cover for accidental damage and set your own voluntary excess.

Optional extras

  • Legal expenses cover

  • Mobile phone insurance

  • Cover away from the home

  • Accidental damage cover

Insurers define ‘contents‘ as things you would take with you if you were to move house, including furniture, clothes, electrical items, money and jewellery. Contents insurance also covers some fixtures such as carpets and curtains but check the policy wording to make sure this is the case as not all insurers will include.

It’s easy to underestimate the value of an entire house full of belongings. People often forget small high value items, such as jewellery and forget to value older items at the cost of replacement at todays value. (That old laptop might not be worth much, but buying a new one is expensive!)

Most policies will also have a maximum limit for any single item (usually anything worth more than £1,500) which isn’t specified, so it’s good to check what that limit is and make sure you detail anything which exceeds it

A  home contents insurance policy will protect your possessions against loss or damage by theft, fire, explosion and storms, this can also include events such as water leaks.

You might want to consider getting additional cover for accidental damage, for example stains on your carpet. Many insurers will let you extend your policy to include cover such as legal protection and home emergency assistance.

ABC Insurance Aviva Insurance Legal & General Zurich Covea